Call (03) 525 7399, or for urgent service (027) 777 4738
Providing families with options for traditional and natural burial, cremation and full service funerals for a reasonable price.
Located in East Takaka, Matuku Funerals provides the Golden Bay community with safe and natural after death options.
At Matuku Funerals, we are inspired by the shift that is taking place, to reclaim one of life’s most important rites of passage, and we offer a safe, caring, compassionate and personalised approach to death care and funeral arrangements.
We have a range of services to support you in this time of losing, or preparing to lose, a precious loved one. Please reach out and we will ask the right questions to find out how we can best help you and your family now.
We can help you with everything to make this difficult time just a little bit easier. We take care of all the details.
- Pre-planning and interviewing, liaising with family and hospital, transferring if required.
- Laying out and body preparation for viewings.
- Full range of locally made and New Zealand eco coffins, shroud bearers and ash urns.
- Newspaper & social media announcements.
- Booking of hall or church, floral arrangements, clergy or alternate celebrant, musicians, videographers or photographers.
- Professional PA system, audio-visuals for photo slide show at the service.
- Service sheets designed and printed.
- Cremation, traditional burial, natural burial.
- Filing of legal paperwork, notification of death and ordering of death certificate.
- Return of ashes, and urn transfers.
Matuku Funerals offers a full range of services. We work with you to provide personalised solutions to meet your environmental preferences, budget and personal style. We support individuals and families with funeral pre-planning and full professional service delivery of family focused, personalised funerals, as unique as the very lives they honour.
- Traditional burials at cemetery of choice, natural burials and eco burials.
- Full respect and accommodation of cultural and familial customs, spiritual and religious beliefs.
- Individualised funeral, memorial and celebration of life services.
- Professional, caring and trustworthy.
- Direct to cremation option available.
In the past, it was routine in New Zealand to embalm. We believe that there are occasions where embalming is necessary, but that those occasions are relatively rare if refrigeration is available. At Matuku funerals, we offer the choice of keeping your deceased loved one in the family home, using special ice packs, or keeping the person in our purpose-built, monitored cool room. We have found these methods to be both safe and effective.
- Environmentally safe, no chemicals.
- Open or closed coffin funerals, and viewings.
- We support families to have their loved one in their home, or at our premises until the service or funeral takes place.
- Compassionate body care for the deceased.
- No need to leave Golden Bay.